01 May 2009

Forever Young



My friend Molly was writing about how she was jogging in the Pittsburgh rain when this song came on her music player. Instead of skipping past it, like she usually does for all "potentially meaningful" (her words) songs, she listened to it and came down with this overwhelming sense of euphoria and sadness.

"I started to run and it was like take-off- I couldn't feel the ground or the rain or the cold, I was flying. Running through the last three years and all their frustration and the few good points, past all the people who came and went and hurt me or bored me or scared me or made me feel this way. I was flying on every plane I've taken, every train I've slept on, every passenger seat in which I've sat in silence, every bus ride and walk in the miserable cold. Every boring meeting and breakup and class and bar night and presentation and date..."

No comments: