01 December 2008

What I've Been Listening To (12/1/08)

The Blues and the Abstract Truth by Oliver Nelson. Excellent jazz. The second track is my fave. 4 stars.
Jack Johnson by Miles Davis. It is so fucking close to perfect, it disgusts me. Psychadelic rock-jazz. Incredibly unique. My only problem is that he basically uses a piece of a song off of "In a Silent Way" to fill five minutes of one song. I hate that. I want new material; that's why I bought the album. 4.5 stars.
Radios Appear by Radio Birdman. Barely listened to it. Generic punk. Maybe I'll get interested again.
Black and White by the Stranglers. I just don't think I'll like it as much as IV, but perhaps...
Ascension by John Coltrane. It's what I expected "The Shape of Jazz to Come" to sound like: really awesome. 4.5 stars.
Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest. The previous ATCQ album is so good, I had to get this one. I hope it's better. I hear it's as good. Just downloaded it, still haven't listened.
Sun Giant EP by Fleet Foxes. This has got to be good. Just downloaded.

No comments: